Tuesday, July 24, 2012
A cup a day, keeps the doctor away!
* Benefits body composition and improves bone quality
* Reduces blood pressure, inflammatory biomarkers, and oxidative stress and improves parameters associated with insulin resistance (aka developing diabetes)
* Significant factor in primary cancer prevention
* Preventive effect on recurrence of colorectal adenomas (colon cancer)
* boost the immune system and suppress autoimmune disorders
* potential hepatoprotective activity (good for the liver) which is mainly attributed to the antioxidant potential
* possible link between consumption and reduced risk of cardiovascular events ( heart attacks, strokes etc.)
Remember that just like coffee, tea does contain caffeine. Although, Green tea does usually contains a smaller amount than black. Another suggestion is to skip the sugar and use honey instead. May it is time you consider switching over from coffee to tea!