Instagram

Instagram

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Shampoo dilemma!

How do you decide which shampoo to buy? Add volume, remove frizz, accentuate blonde hair, downplay curly hair, add shine, remove oil, strengthen, soften, elongate, stop breakage.... the list never ends. Whichever shampoo works for you, there is one thing that is unavoidable: buildup. We all love the feeling of trying a new shampoo and the way our hair feels after the first wash, or the way our hair feels after a trip to the salon where they use a shampoo that is out of our budget. When using a new shampoo, the buildup from our old one is cleansed, making the new shampoo seem great. I have tried a number of shampoo brands over the years, and this product below has been a life changer.....

Neutrogena Shampoo, anti-residue formula, is a shampoo that you use once a week or less often, to make your old shampoo start working like new. 1 bottle should last you around a year. We all know that washing your hair everyday is bad for it's health, but the answer to how often we should wash it defers for everyone. I try to wash my hair only every other day, allowing my natural oils to build up, but not get too oily. On weeks where I have not been sweating a lot, I space it out so I am washing my hair every 3rd day. This will be different for everyone depending on your lifestyle, but it is something to keep in mind especially if you are trying to grow out your hair. 


Another myth that I have heard a lot is that you should trim your hair every 6 weeks to make it grow longer. If you want long hair - don't cut it. However, you must take extra steps to take care of your longer locks, or else as the ends age, they will be more prone to split ends and breakage. If you start to notice split ends... the only solution is a trim. Otherwise, just continue to grow your hair out and take good care of it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing feedback or comments! Please leave your comment below!