Instagram

Instagram

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Red Orange Lipstick for Indian, Tan, Olive, Brown Skin!


I am usually one to shy away from bold lip colors. I tend to stick with safe neutrals, but also love corals and flattering pinks. I absolutely HATE red lipstick, but thought I would try out the red orange trend.

First I tried out a Sephora brand color: Rouge Cream Lipstick in the shade It Girl 06 described as a muted coral tangerine. It came off more red than orange on my lips and for $12, I wanted to see if MAC had anything better to offer.

Next I tried out a shade by KatVonD: Painted Love Lipstick in the shade A-Go-Go. Described as a reddish coral, it definitely comes off as in your face Orange. Too bold for my taste.

These were the options presented to me at my local Sephora, and I was starting to think the color I had imagined did not exist.

Now off to MAC cosmetics. I tried So Chaud: which I Absolutely LOVE and would recommend for those with a skin color similar to mine. I think Lady Danger would work great also but I didn't get a chance to try it.

The reason whyyy I didn't end up buying So Chaud, is that although I loved the color and consistency, I knew a shade this color would not end up getting that much love from me. I didn't think the money was worth it.

So off to Ulta I went. I had heard great things about NYX Matte Lipsticks and Soft Matte Lip Creams. I ended up finding a great shade- NYX Morocco Soft Matte Lip Cream. It is fun, cheap, bright, and just the color I was looking for- as seen pictured above. A negative would be that your lips have to be in perfect condition before application, and a lip liner must be used as well. Check out my instagram for more pictures of me wearing this shade!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing feedback or comments! Please leave your comment below!