Flawless... Is all I can say to describe the work of Angel Merino. An LA based makeup artist who has gained popularity through instagram, he is getting more and more celebrity clientele. So what is so unique about his make up technique. I think he just does skin makeup really well- contouring and mastering the J LO glow that makes one's skin look amazing. I am attracted to his looks for this reason. I'm not that big into eye makeup- just some eyeliner, highlight in the corners, and mascara, but I am obsessed with products that make your skin glow, or that aid in sculpting. Contouring is an amazing makeup technique that when done right, creates depth and angles where non exists. Highlighting can create the appearance of perfect bone structure and contouring can create symmetry where symmetry does not exists.
Watch below for a video by @mac_daddyy teaching us how to create that JLO perfect sculpted glow using mostly MAC Cosmetics products.
A list of products will be featured below.
1. MAC Fix Plus spray
- for an alternative, try Jojoba Oil on freshly washed skin
- For extra hydration, use Oil of Olay face lotion with SPF15 for skin protection in the sun
2. NYX Angel Veil Primer
- haven't tried any primers yet, but this seems like a fairly affordable one at $16
- Mac_daddyy uses Smashbox. The new Naked Skin foundations by Urban decay work great but are expensive. My favorite foundation is Revlon Colorstay- cheap and works great for what I need.
- He adds some pigment from MAC in the shade Melon. I love this idea! It would be great for daytime as well as for a night out. I definitely need to get my hands on some of this!
- Uses Mac Prolongwear. I have heard GREAT things about this concealer and want to get some. Right now I am using Mac Studio Fix foundation in NW25 which works great.
- I also use Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer in SX 06 after seeing it on Irene Mahmud... It's great for highlighting and concealing, but you have to be careful and not go overboard with this product, or else it can leave you looking chalky.
- Highlight cheekbones, down bridge of nose, and forehead
- Use a sponge-- doesn't have to be the beauty blender, to blend everything out!
- NARS Laguna or Casino work great. I have both, and although I like the overall finish of Laguna better, sometimes it is not dark enough for my skin.
- Use to contour and cut out under checks, sides of nose, and tip of nose to shorten
- He uses a cream color in the shade Diamond
- I love using NARS albatross, and apply with a brush
7. For that extra gold glow...
- Add MAC mineralized skin finish in the shade Gold Deposit